Thursday, December 16, 2010

Crispix Mix

I have been making this sense I was like 12 years old.
The boys loved to help shake the bag and eat the ingredients as we made it.



Here's my recipe:

7 cups Crispix (Check can be used too but they tend to get soggier)
1 cup goldfish crackers (or Cheez its)
1 cup pretzels (or pretzel goldfish)
3 tablespoons butter (can use 2 and it will still turn out ok)
4 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce (use more if using a generic brand)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon season salt (of for less sodium, use 1/2 teas of season salt and 1/2 teas of Spike seasoning)
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder

Put cereal, crackers, and pretzels in a gallon size plastic bag
melt butter, then add other seasonings to the melted butter.  Poor the seasoned butter mixture over the contents of the bag. Shake until evenly coated.
Microwave in a large bowl, stirring after every minute for 3-6 minutes (depending on the strength of your microwave)

Peanuts can also be added.
Sometimes I add popcorn, but I add it just after I have shaken the seasoning onto the mix, otherwise it can get too soggy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we all enjoyed the bag you sent for my mom, especially Cole (but then again, he enjoys most foods except not blueberry waffles, he likes his waffles without the blueberries.

Gina said...

I should have sent more then,
I was out of room in the box.
Next time you all come out I will make some