Sunday, December 26, 2010

1. Railroad Crossing

On the 1st day after Christmas my true loves played with me:
Their own Railroad Crossing 

This was very easy to put together (I did it)
It is cute as you approach either in a ride on toy, or you could just be pushing a toy car, it talks and tells you to wait for the train, then the bar comes down and it makes the ding ding sound, then you hear a train go by. Sometimes it sounds more like a Amtrak, sometimes more like freight train.
then the arm goes up for you to drive past.


It says ages 3 and up and I would stick to that, unless you have a 2 year old that listens well (which Will was not doing) He kept trying to touch it and pull on the arm which I was scared was going to break it. It hasn't broke yet, so maybe it is ok to do so, but I'd rather not find out the hard way.

The only bad things about this is one, you probably have to be careful not to leave it outside when it can get wet since it is battery operated, and two, trains come by every time you get near it so there is a lot of stopping and waiting time for kids in the cars. Westley didn't seem to mind, but Will was more impatient.

Overall, I would recommend this, especially to places that have a circle bike path, and for kids who love cars and trains

Thanks for the gift Grandma Kathy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I purchased this online at JCPennys